Interested in engineering but want to attend a liberal arts college? At Colby you can do both. Our dual-degree programs allow you to graduate from Colby and obtain an engineering degree from either Dartmouth College or Columbia University.
You get the best of both worlds—the opportunity to explore the liberal arts while pursuing a technical focus in the field of engineering. For both programs, students are required to take a set of foundational courses at Colby followed by engineering-focused courses at the partner institution. The ability to write, communicate, and think critically are essential skills for all career paths, including engineering, and students with dual degrees are positioned to assume leadership roles requiring skills beyond the technical realm.
Upon completion, you’ll earn two degrees—a B.A. from Colby and a B.E. or B.S. degree from the partner institution.
- Five-year program in a 2/1/1/1 format
- Junior year away is at Dartmouth
- Competitive admission
- Bachelor of engineering degree
- Specialization in the final year
- Choice of nine areas of focus
- Campus in Hanover, N.H.
- Six-year program in a 4/2 format
- No restrictions on junior year abroad
- Guaranteed admission if requirements met
- Bachelor of science in an engineering discipline
- Specialization in both years
- Choice of at least 12 engineering majors
- Campus in New York City