Lorimer Chapel
Lorimer Chapel
Lorimer Chapel
Lorimer Chapel, the first building completed (in 1937) on Colby’s Mayflower Hill campus, seats 650 and is a popular venue for lectures, concerts, campus gatherings and convocations, as well as for religious services. Smaller events are held in Rose Chapel, in the east wing of the building. 
Directions:
Follow directions to Colby’s campus. As you come onto campus on Mayflower Hill Drive, turn left on Cotter Drive, opposite the Diamond Building. To drop off passengers or for limited handicapped-access parking, follower Cotter Drive past Eustis, Lovejoy, and Cotter Union buildings to the small lot at the Rose Chapel entrance to Lorimer.
Parking Information:
Regular parking is in the Eustis Lot, at the entrance to Cotter Drive between the Eustis and Diamond buildings or, if that is, full, in the Lunder Lot behind Diamond and Admissions.
Return to Production Information
Return to Arts at Colby

Arts at Colby Calendars: Museum of Art    |    Music    |    Theater and Dance

 
 
Colby-3-2013-gallery211250Founded in 1959 and now comprising five wings, nearly 8,000 works and more than 38,000 square feet of exhibition space, the Colby College Museum of Art has built an important collection that specializes in American and contemporary art with additional, select collections of Chinese antiquities and European paintings and works on paper. The Museum serves as a teaching resource for Colby College and is a major cultural destination for the residents of Maine and visitors to the state.

 

In July 2013, the Colby Museum inaugurated the Alfond-Lunder Family Pavilion. Refined and minimalist in design, the glass pavilion completes a circuit with the four existing wings of the Museum. The pavilion provides a spacious lobby that includes a sculpture gallery and terrace, as well as new exhibition galleries, classrooms, expanded collection storage, and staff offices. A three-story wall drawing by conceptual artist IMG_0015Sol LeWitt occupies the glass-enclosed stairwell. The pavilion's upper floor is dedicated to the College's art department, providing new studios for photography and fine art foundation classes.

 

The Museum is wheelchair accessible through the North and South entrances of the Bixler Art and Music Center. Parking is available in Roberts Lot.