Transfer Students & Veterans
First consideration in admission is for first-year students, but some transfer students are accepted each year. Admission by transfer is open to those with strong academic and personal records from accredited colleges or universities. Transfer application forms are available online at

Credits from accredited institutions are generally accepted for courses that are comparable to those offered at Colby and in which grades of C or better are received. No more than 64 transferable semester credit hours may be applied toward a Colby degree.

Veterans may request advanced standing consideration for completion of service schools in advance of matriculation. Credit is not granted for military service or College Level Educational Program (CLEP) tests.