- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Scholars Programs
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
The Goldfarb Center for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement is pleased to announce the creation of the Sandy Maisel Internship through the generous gift of a group of alumni seeking to honor Professor Maisel. This award is intended to allow students to explore opportunities related to public affairs or civic engagement that might develop into or allow for continued research projects at Colby, such as in a senior thesis, while gaining valuable career related experience.
● your name, status and current contact information
● the nature of the internship and what you hope to learn from the experience
● the structure of the internship
● the nature of the organization
● the connection to the mission of the Goldfarb Center
● the connection to your Colby education
● a proposed budget with itemization of projected expenses and rationale
● two letters of recommendation: one from a Colby faculty member and one from an employer
●current resume and an unofficial transcript that includes grades.
Sandy Maisel Student Fellows: Thanks to a generous gift of a group of alumni seeking to honor Professor Maisel, students receiving internship grants will be named as Sandy Maisel Student Fellows for the academic year in which their work is completed and should include that designation on all work that results from this grant. Sandy Maisel Student Fellows are expected to attend Goldfarb Center events throughout the year on a regular basis.