Educational tours of the museum and special exhibitions are available weekdays for school and community groups by appointment. For information call
(207) 859-5600 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
To arrange your visit, the museum will need at least two weeks advance notice.
Fill out the Museum Tour Request Form, or call (207) 859-5600 from Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The first and second choice of date and time you wish to visit.
- The age group and grade of your class.
- The number of students (no more than 60) and chaperones who will be visiting. We request one responsible adult chaperone for every 10 students.
- If you wish to have a guided tour or if you will guide the tour yourself.
- Information to customize the tour to fit your needs.
- Your school mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, home telephone number, and e-mail address.
You may work with our educator to design a tour to meet the focus of your group. A museum tour generally includes a gallery visit and talk followed by group questions and discussion. The average length of each tour is one hour.
We recommend using information from our Web site to prepare for your visit to the museum. Even if you are planning a self-guided tour, it is necessary to follow the booking procedure.