(Need Info on Initiating Calendar Process – Unavailable at this time but will go here!)
Importing Schedules from Oracle
Exporting Your Oracle Calendar Data
- Open your oracle calendar
- File > Export Data
- Select “iCalendar File“
- Click “Continue”
- Under Export:
- Check Meetings, Day Events, Daily Notes
Check Tasks if you use this feature
- Under Period:
Select All if you want all past and future information exported
Select Range and enter date information if you want to export a specific time frame
Select Custom if you want to only delete a snapshot of past and future events
- If you administer someone else’s calendar:
Enter that person’s name under People/Resources
Select their listing and click the green checkmark
Their name should be added to the text entry space along with yours
- Browse to where you want to save the file
- If you have not previously exported your calendar, Oracle will also ask you for a filename
- Click Save
Importing the Oracle Data to Google
- Log into your Google account
- Display your Calendar
- Click on “Add” at the bottom of the left-hand side of the Google Calendar
- Click on “Import calendar”
- Browse to your file and click “Import”
- You will get a message about how many “events” were processed and how many were successfully imported
- If you receive errors, you can either browse your new calendar to find those that are missing and add them by hand
or you can try exporting to a different format (vCal for example) and trying that.
Some entries may not import in any format.
- Possible errors include:
- Too large a file
The recommended file size when importing files into Google Calendar is 1MB or less.
If your file is larger than 1MB, try importing events from a smaller range of time.
- “Processed 0 events” message
This error often occurs if you have accidentally clicked the “Import” button more than once
You events may have been imported on the first click – but the file would be empty on the second click.
Check youe calendar before trying another format to make sure the events are not there.
- Once imported your calendar will display the events noted in your Oracle Calendar
- Click the Create Event link on the upper-left of Google Calendar screen
- Fill in event details: date, start time, end time, location, and description
- Set your desired notification setting: email, text message, or a pop-up message on your computer (only works if Google Calendar is currently open)
- Click Save
Or Quick Add allows you to enter basic event details, and interprets how to display your event on the calendar.
- Click the desired time slot in the calendar
- Drag your mouse to determine length of event
- Enter a title
- Add more details if you wish
- Click Create Event
Click the Add button on the left of the calendar
Select Create a new calendar
Enter Calendar Details: (name, description, time zone, and email addresses of people you need to share it with)
Click Create Calendar
If you will be working with multiple calendars, it may be helpful to assign colors to them. To do this:
Sharing Your Calendar
||You may want to share you personal calendar with friends and family; or you may need to share a group or departmental calendar. Or, you may want to make a calendar public. You can do all of these things in Google Calendar.
- To display the Calendar settings dialog, click the down-arrow next to the Calendar’s name
- To work on sharing settings, click on “Share this calendar“
To make the Calendar public:
- Click on “Make this calendar public“
| To share the calendar with specific individuals:
- Enter the email address of the user with whom you want to share the calendar
- Select the desired level of permission from the drop-down menu
- Click Add Person
- The person you selected will receive an email invitation to view your calendar
- See only free/busy (hide details)
- See all event details
- Make changes to events (individuals can make changes to events)
- Make changes AND manage sharing (individuals can share the calendar with their groups)
- Click on the event, or create a new event
- A pop-up window will appear
- Click the edit event details link at the bottom of this pop-up
- Double click the event in the calendar
- In the Guests box on the right, enter the email addresses of the people you’re inviting
(I presume there will be something in here to access the colby list?)
- Select the type of access you would like your guests to have: (whether they can invite more people to your event, view who else has been invited)
- Click Save
- Guests can respond to the invitation and have the option to leave comments
You can access Google Calendar on your mobile device.
- Enter http://www.google.com/calendar in your phone’s web browser
- You can view your agenda, add events, and invite others
You can also stay connected via your mobile device by setting up SMS reminders for your events.
With this feature enabled, Google will send you a text message (you have control over how far in advance) with the name, time, and location of an event.
Click here to learn about setting up and enabling SMS messaging for your Google Calendar.