Video Production/Editing Resources
- Instructional Media Center (Lovejoy 406) Houses a sound recording booth, providing a professional grade audio recording facility. Great for video voiceover.
- Sound recording booth reservations
- AV Equipment Loan Pool
- Storyboard PDF Generator Create customized PDF storyboard templates
- Storyboard That Use pre-made drawings to assemble a storyboard
- Lovejoy 400 houses computers with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
- VideoBlocks Download an unlimited supply of quality video.
- AudioBlocks Provides royalty-free music and sound effects.
- Tim Stonesifer Contact to gain access to both of the above sites, to ask about additional Academic ITS Equipment Loan, or to ask for one-on-one additional instruction.
Image Search Engines
- Google Images Mixed licensing. Limit before searching or after searching, using Usage Rights feature. Reverse image search feature. Option to search with “site:wikimedia.org”
- Tineye Reverse Image Search
- Flickr’s The Commons Select usage license; default is “no known restrictions”
- Wikimedia Commons CC licenses vary, but all have re-use rights. Can easily search Google Images for Wikimedia Content, by adding “site:wikimedia.org” to the Google Image Search.
Free Stock Image Collections
- Pexels All images are CC0
- Stocksnap.io All images are CC0
- Unsplash All images are CC0
- Pixabay All images are CC0
Licensed Stock Images
- Getty Images The Embed” feature allows users to copy “embed code” to insert in websites, for the purposes of criticism, analysis, and commentary.
Large Subscription Image Databases (Museums / Libraries)
- ARTstor (Colby Subscription Database Access.) Reliable metadata, high-quality images, downloading single files and multiple images to PPT, superior viewing, organization
Cultural Heritage Image Collections
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Online Catalog (rights vary.) E.g. Library of Congress WPA Posters http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/wpapos/ No known copyright, as artists worked under contract with the federal government)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Collection Search Limit to Public Domain Images. See Image and Data Open Access Policies for information on the use of images and data.
- Wellcome Images (For the history of medicine, health, biomedicine.) All images are either images CC-BY 4.0 (re-use, attribute) or CC-BY-NC-ND (re-use, attribution, non-commercial, non-derivative)
- World Digital Library Joint UNESCO/Library of Congress project, public domain global collection of primary source visual collections, from institutions across the globe.