Academic Information Technology Services is pleased to announce a Software Carpentry workshop on computer programming and data management. This upcoming workshop is a hands-on, two-day event that covers the core skills needed to be productive in a small research team. Short tutorials alternate with practical exercises, and all instruction is done via live coding. Led by a certified Software and Data Carpentry instructor, the workshop is tailored to the needs of Colby students, staff, and faculty.
Current course objectives include:
- Reducing the barrier to entry into programming, data management, and analysis
- Imparting skills for continued learning and engagement
- Supporting a forum for continuous learning to enable and enhance data-driven research in diverse disciplines
- Creating a strong community of scholars
- Empowering innovative and effective research
To help us plan for this workshop and better serve the need of participants, please complete this short survey.