Some Basic Features include:
Navigate in Paper
|Tap||To open a Grid|
|Swipe or Pinch||To close a Grid|
|Scroll vertically||To view all Cards within a Grid|
|Tap and Swipe horizontally||To view individual cards|
Hide and Reveal Tool Tray
In the canvas view on the iPad, tap on the minimized tray or swipe upwards from below the screen to reveal the tool tray.
Note: The minimized tray is always present but will automatically hide for 3 seconds when you draw strokes close to it.
Start a New Card
- Hold down on the new card tab (“+”).
- Select the canvas, photo, or text format.
With Swipe to Style, text can be formatted in a number of ways:
- Swipe left on text to get two levels of titles.
- Swipe right on text to get two levels of bullets (the first level of bullets can also be used as checklist items).
- Tap and hold on the bullet to reorder your list.
- Tap and hold on the bullet to move a line item off screen and delete it.
- Format part of a line or get more style options such italics or strikethrough by using Apple’s select and format menu.
- You can copy/paste the text as Markdown.
Photos and Spotlight
- Add photos from the text or ink canvas by tapping on the Photo icon.
- Tap the spotlight button to add an overlay.
- Draw or tap to spotlight details in the photo. You can spotlight more than one detail per photo.
- To edit or remove a spotlight from a photo, tap the photo icon and then the “x”.