Academic ITS offers poster printing services only for faculty and student research or coursed-based projects. For other projects, members of the community may contact an area designer or printer.
There are two poster template sizes available below. The 48″x36″ template size is popular but note that the correct size for posters exhibited at the Colby Liberal Arts Symposium (CLAS) is 48″x42″. For poster ideas and tips, visit our resource guide for student academic posters.
| Download the 48″x42″ template
(required for CLAS)
|Download the 48″x36″ template|
- No more than 1/3 of the poster may have a non-white background to conserve toner and reduce printing time.
- Photographs, pictures, and figures should be of the highest possible resolution.
- Keep fonts simple – remember that if a you use a non-standard font that is not installed on the computer used for printing, your poster will lose both the font and its formatting in the printing process.
- Use a font size that can be easily read from a distance.
- The poster must be saved as a PowerPoint file (.ppt) or pdf.
**A note about creating your poster on a Mac: To include an image on your poster, do NOT ‘copy and paste’. You must save the image to your computer, then use the ‘insert > picture’ option to import it into Powerpoint.
When your poster is ready for printing, please submit it using the following form:
If you have difficulty submitting your poster with this form, please send it as an email attachment to Qiuli.Wang@colby.edu
Poster files that are too large for email can be submitted for printing using the Colby dropbox service Please note that in box #2 (Information about the Recipient), Qiuli’s entire email address must be entered (Qiuli.Wang@colby.edu) including the @colby.edu part. In your email, please indicate whether your file was created on a PC or a Mac.
The poster will be printed in the Language Resource Center and you will receive a message to retrieve it from Lovejoy 404.