- video conferencing
- simple online meetings
- group messaging
- mobile collaboration
Zoom Basic vs. Zoom Pro Account
Logging into Zoom below with your Colby credentials will provide you a Basic account that permits unlimited 1-to-1 meetings with an unlimited duration (one connection to one connection). Basic accounts can host group meetings (3 or more connections) of up to 50 participants for up to 40 minutes.
Faculty and staff may request a Zoom Pro account to remove the 40 minute limit on group meetings. Zoom Pro accounts allow users to host unlimited meetings with unlimited duration with up to 50 participants. To request a Zoom Pro account, please complete this form.
Test Your System
Connect to a test meeting ahead of time to make sure your computer is set up correctly to use Zoom. Log-in using your Colby gmail and password:
Zoom Help Center offers tutorials to help you get started with video conferencing and organizing online meetings.
Here are some links to some of the most frequently asked questions:
- Getting Started on a PC or a Mac
- System Requirements
- Download Zoom
- Audio, Video, Sharing
- Zoom Online Event Best Practices
- Starting an Instant Meeting with Zoom
- Scheduling a Meeting with Zoom
- Joining a Meeting with Zoom
- View a Meeting with Zoom
- Access video and audio settings
- Join or start a meeting
- Meeting ID and PMI explained
- Local recording
- Far End Camera Control & Auto Answer
- Sharing an iPhone or iPad
Support for Zoom will be handled in three main ways:
- Self support – using the excellent video tutorials and text documentation offered online at the Zoom Help Center you can find answers to most of your questions.
- Contact Zoom Technical Support directly.
- On-Campus Support is coordinated by the Faculty & Staff Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org | x4222