ABOUT PURCHASE ORDERS...........
A Purchase Order is a contract between Colby College and the vendor. There are two ways to complete the purchase order process.
- On-Line Submission - Fill out the on-line requisition with all the information, Just follow the steps....It's that easy.
- Paper "D" Purchase Orders are issued by the Assistant Director of Administrative Financial Services, call or email to begin the process. The paper PO's are a 3 part form. The white part goes to the vendor, the yellow part is for your records and the pink part gets sent back to the Assistant Director of Administrative Financial Services for their records.
- Must be sent to Assistant Director of Administrative Financial Services for submission before payment can be processed. If there is no receipt, payment will not be made until one is received.
- Must provide a complete Colby account number.
- If the expense is an entertainment expense, you must provide a complete list of names who attended and also how the expense is related to the college.
** NOTE** If the vendor accepts Visa, that is Colby's preferred method of payment. Most departments have a departmental Visa purchasing card, if your department does not have a card and the vendor accepts Visa, let the Assistant Director of Administrative Financial Services know and the purchase can be made through the Administrative Finance Office.