For information on how to apply for financial aid at Colby, including forms and deadlines, click here. When making plans to study away, please keep the following in mind:
- Plan for vacation expenses. Financial aid is only available to help with direct educational costs incurred while classes are in session.
- Student Financial Services must be notified of any aid from non-Colby sources, including the study-away program.
- Term-time earnings are considered part of the student contribution and will not be replaced with Colby Grant.
- Students withdrawing during the semester, or dropping below full-time status, must notify Colby immediately. They may be responsible for the refund of College and/or federal funds in accordance with College policy and federal refund regulations. Please remember that, in general, no student may receive more than eight semesters of aid from Colby.
- Application fees, incidental expenses for passports, visas, immunizations, gym/club memberships, etc., are not covered by financial aid.
- Colby allows up to $800 Personal and Books for each approved semester of study away.