Founded in 1813, Colby College is the 12th-oldest independent liberal arts college in the nation enrolling 1815 students who represent 46 states and more than 76 countries on a beautiful 713 acre campus in central Maine. Colby College is announcing that we are actively seeking applications and nominations for an:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SECURITY / MUSEUM SECURITY MANAGER
The Assistant Director of Security/Museum Security Manager coordinates facility card-access systems and schedules, life safety and security systems, and CCTV systems for the Museum of Art. Supervises and schedules all Museum Security Officers shift hours and Special Event coverage. Work closely with the Director on departmental training, communications, and the enforcement of Museum security policies and procedures. This is a day position Monday through Friday with additional responsibilities for Special Events. Reporting to the Director of Security, the Assistant Director is a key member of Colby’s security management team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish unit goals and objectives; develop, recommend and administer policies, procedures, and standards; evaluate unit performance.
• Coordinate and maintain access, security, life safety, CCTV imaging.
• Security systems include all Museum areas.
• Analyze and recommend additions and changes to all systems.
• Analyze and recommend options for all systems requests.
• Update computer files and systems for departmental logs, incident reports, and reporting functions.
• Provide staff training on all Museum systems.
• Develop and conduct training sessions for Museum officers and personnel.
• Maintain schedules of Museum security officers.
• Update and develop reporting and statistical data with monthly and yearly reports.
• Establish and maintain operational relations with Museum staff, College offices and off campus vendors.
• Support office staff in providing services to students, staff and visitors.
• Use a variety of computer applications and other technology to perform duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer relations, computer technology, supervisory, and communications skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently required.
• Experience with electronic ID and facility-access systems desired.
• Ability to make decisions quickly and in emergency situations required.
• Administrative and supervisory experience in security operations desired.
• College degree preferred; additional years experience may be substituted for degree.
Responsible for the management and supervision of Museum Security Personnel and yearly staff appraisals.
Maintain working relationships with Museum of Art personnel, Department of Physical Plant, Information Technology Services, Colby Card Office, the Director of Safety, Outdoor Safety Officer, Personnel Services, and with local law enforcement and safety agencies. Extensive contact with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General indoor and outdoor campus environment with some evening and weekend responsibilities. Position involves frequent movement, including walking, bending, twisting, lifting, periodic driving of College vehicles, and computer usage involving repetitive hand/wrist motion. Position requires ability to direct departmental activities under emergency and other difficult circumstances.
Interested candidates may apply electronically by clicking the "Apply Now" button below or please submit your letter of application, resume and the names and telephone numbers of three references to: