Founded in 1813, Colby College is the 12th-oldest independent liberal arts college in the nation enrolling 1815 students who represent 46 states and more than 76 countries on a beautiful 713 acre campus in central Maine. Colby seeks a:
PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF COUNSELING SERVICES
The Department of Counseling Services at Colby College has an opening for a part-time (2 days per week) contracted counselor with experience in college student mental health. This contracted position is for the Spring semester, January through May, 2013, with the possibility for renewal the following academic year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide individual counseling services to students on a wide range of issues.
• Interact and consult with colleagues in student affairs, faculty, parents and outside providers.
• Facilitate groups and provide outreach education as time allows.
• Licensed as a mental health professional (counselor, social worker or psychologist) in Maine.
• Experience working with college students.
• Multicultural competence with ability to work with a diverse student body in terms of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation
Reports to Director of Counseling Services
Interested candidates may apply electronically by clicking the "Apply Now" button below or please submit your letter of application, resume and the names and telephone numbers of three references to: