Government - Tenure-track Assistant Professor
Colby is a highly selective liberal arts college recognized for excellence in undergraduate education and close student-faculty interaction.
The Government Department of Colby College invites applications for a full-time (five courses per year), tenure-track appointment in Latin American Politics at the rank of Assistant Professor. Ph.D. preferred, ABD considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
Teaching responsibilities include:
- teach with passion and a commitment to excellence,
- establish an active and sustained program of research and publication,
- strive to involve Colby's undergraduate students in that research,
- participate in Colby's interdisciplinary Program in Latin American Studies, and
- become an active and engaged member of our academic community.
Preference will be afforded candidates who can also teach an introductory course in international relations and/or research methods in political science.
- a course on the comparative politics of Latin America,
- elective courses related to the candidate's research interests and the needs of the college, and
- supervision of independent student research.
To apply, applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript, three letters of recommendation, a statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a statement of research interests and a representative sample of current scholarship.
Application materials should be emailed to email@example.com; .pdf format for all documents is preferred.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.
Colby College is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries form candidates who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. Colby College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, or age in our educational programs.
For more information about the college, please visit our website: www.colby.edu.