Colby is a highly selective liberal arts college recognized for excellence in undergraduate education and close student-faculty interaction.
The Department of Psychology at Colby College has a tenure-track position in Health Psychology beginning September 1, 2013.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- teach with passion and a commitment to excellence,
- establish an active and sustained program of research that contributes to the global effort to advance psychological knowledge,
- involve Colby’s exceptional undergraduates in that research, and
- become an active and engaged member of our academic community.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- introductory and advanced courses in the candidate’s area of research interest,
- participation in a team-taught introduction to psychology course, and
- supervision of student independent research.
The ability to contribute to the department’s methodology and statistics offerings is also desirable. The specific area of research interest is open. We are especially interested in candidates with research interests that would be compatible with and complimentary to the current research programs in the department (for information please see our web site at http://www.colby.edu/psychology). The Ph.D. should be completed by start date.
Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, copies of publications or in-press manuscripts, and three letters of recommendation to: