- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
Installing Anti-Virus Software on Your Mac
1. Download the ClamXav disk image from ClamXav.com
2. Drag ClamXav from the disk image to your Applications folder.
3. Eject the ClamXav disk image.
4. Double click ClamXav.app
5. At this point, you may or may not be prompted to install or update the ClamAV scanning engine.
6. If so, click Install and follow the onscreen instructions. Once the installer has finished, double click ClamXav.app again.
7. Start update.
1. Open up the ClamXav program in your applications folder.
2. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click the ClamXav drop down and then open Preferences.
3. Check the boxes labeled "Update virus definitions on launch," "Check for ClamXav update on launch," and "Include anonymous system profile information."
4. Click Exclude Files and ensure that "Exclude files ending in jpg" and "Exclude files starting with foo" are checked.
5. Click Advanced and type exactly the following into the text box labeled "Additional Command Line Arguments:"
Be sure to press Tab after typing, it will not work otherwise.
6. Navigate to the Sentry tab and check the box labeled "Launch ClamXav Sentry when you log in to this computer"