- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Scholars Programs
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
NOTE: Entourage stores attachments with the email itself, so if you delete the email, the attachment will also be deleted! Please save attachments that you will need to keep before deleting the email they came with.
1) Launch Entourage. If you are presented with a wizard or setup assistant, cancel it.
2) Go up to the Entourage menu and choose Account Settings.
3) Make sure you are on the Mail tab and click New.
4) In the Account Setup Assistant dialog box, click the button in the lower left corner that says Configure Account Manually.
5) In the New Account dialog box, choose IMAP from the Account Type drop-down list and click OK.
6) In the Edit Account dialog fill in the following information:
a. Account name: Colby Email
b. Name: your name
c. E-mail Address: your email address (be sure to include the @colby.edu)
d. Account ID: your username (with the @colby.edu)
e. IMAP Server: imap.gmail.com
f. Password: this is your email password, it is optional at this point
g. SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
7) Click on the button below the Password field that says Click Here For Advanced Receiving Options.
8) Place a check next to This IMAP Service Requires A Secure Connection (SSL). Entourage should automatically fill in 993 as the default IMAP port in the line below.
9) Click the small grey box in the top left corner of this window to accept these settings.
7) Click on the button below the SMTP Server address that says Click Here For Advanced Sending Options.
8) Place a check next to SMTP Service Requires Secure Connection (SSL).
9) Place a check next to SMTP Server Requires Authentication and make sure the option that says Use Same Settings As Receiving Mail Server is chosen.
10) Under the Domain For Unqualified Addresses enter colby.edu.
11) Click the small grey box in the top left corner of this window to accept these settings.
12) Click OK.
13) The account should now be set up. The first time you check your email, Entourage may warn you that you have not chosen a location to store your sent messages. To stop this message from coming up, go to Tools > Accounts.
14) In the new window that comes up, double click on your Colby account (it should say "Colby Email (IMAP)").
15) In the new window that comes up, click on the Advanced tab, then check the first box, Store sent messages in this IMAP folder. In the other box to the right, click and select INBOX.Sent.
16) Click OK at the bottom of the window. Then close out of the Accounts window.
Configuring LDAP (The Colby Directory)
1) Click on the Entourage menu and choose Account Settings.
2) Click on the Directory Service tab.
3) Click the New button.
4) In the Edit Account dialog fill in the following information:
a. Account Name: Colby
b. LDAP Server: its-dc3.colby.edu
c. Check the box for This LDAP Server Requires Authentication
d. Account ID: your user name
e. Password: your Colby email password
5) Click on the Options tab.
6) Set the Search Base to read "ou=people,dc=colby,dc=edu" (without the quotes and with no spaces).
7) Click OK.