Installing Pharos Uniprint for Macintosh as Colby
-- Supported on Mac OS X 10.4.x, 10.5.x, and 10.6.x
Install Pharos Popup
1. In the Finder, Connect to Server... afp://Fileserver1.colby.edu/Software/Macintosh/Printing/ColorPrintingInstallers/Pharos Popup/ and open Popup.dmg
2. Inside the Popup 8.0 archive that mounts on the desktop, open Popup.pkg
3. Click the Continue button and click Continue through the "Important Information" screen.
4. Make sure Macintosh HD (or whatever the startup volume is name) has the green arrow and click Continue.
5. Click Install in the "Easy Install on "Macintosh HD"" dialog box and Authenticate when prompted.
6. Click Close after the "Install Suceeded" screen appears.
Install Pharos Notify
7. Go to afp://Fileserver1.colby.edu/Software/Macintosh/Printing/ColorPrintingInstallers/Pharos Notify and open Notify.dmg
8. Inside the Notify 8.0 archive that mounts, open the Notify.mpkg.
9. Click the Continue button, then Continue through "Pharos Notify 8.0..." and make sure the target HD is selected with the green arrow. Click Continue. and then Install.
10. Authenticate when prompted and then click Install.
11. Click Close when the "Install Succeeded" message appears.
Adding the LIBRARY_PUBLIC_PRINTERS
Mac OS X 10.5.x and 10.6.x
Open System Preferences and click on Print and Fax
Click the + sign to add a new Printer
Right-click or Control-click on the Toolbar and select "Customize Toolbar"
Drag the Advanced tool (gear) icon to the Toolbar and click Done.
Click the Advanced "gear" and select:
Type: Pharos Print Server
URL: Enter the popups line for one of the following
Mac OS X 10.4.x
15. Open Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility and click Add...
16. Option-Click on More Printers.... and select Advanced in top-most pull-down.
17. Enter the printer information as follows:
Device: select Pharos Print Server
Popup Name Printer Model
18. Click Add and verify its operation.