- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Scholars Programs
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
1. Click on the Apple Icon at the top left of your Mac Desktop. The drop down menu includes System Preferences.
2. Click on System Preferences. The new window contains a selection of icons.
3. Click on the Printer and Scan icon.
4. The new window enables you to add a printer. There are two buttons at the bottom left. One is a plus (+) and the other a minus (-).
5. Click on the + button and a drop down menu appears. Click on the 'Add Other Printer or Scanner'.
If you don't have that icon then do the following. Place the mouse arrow in the area of the icons and click on the right side of the mouse. A drop down menu will appear. If your mouse does not cause the menu to appear then press the control key on your keyboard and click the mouse.
7. The 'drop down' menu has the 'Customize Toolbar' option. Click on that and this window appears.
8. Click on the Advanced icon and hold the mouse button so you can drag the icon to your current list of icons.
9. Click on the 'Done' button. Your screen will now look like the window below.
10. Click on the 'Advanced' icon. It takes a minute but you will see the following screen appear but
11. Let's start with 'Type:' Click on the up-down arrow at the right side and a drop down window will appear. Click on Pharos Print Server.
12. Next is 'Device:' Leave as is.
13. 'URL': The 'popup://' automatically appears. Add: printserver2.colby.edu/
Type the name of the printer you want. It is necessary that the printer name is all upper case. For example the printers below ar available for public use;
14. Name: Delete printserver2.colby.edu. The name of the printer does not have to be upper case in this space.
15. Location: Leave blank.
16. Print Using: Click on the up-down arrow and click on 'Select Printer Software'. A new window appears.
Type the Manufacturers name of the printer. For example, I typed in C5250DN and the Kyocera model automatically appeared. Type the model for your printer and the click on the OK button.
17. Click on the 'Add' button. The next window you simply click on OK.
18. You are back to the 'Print and Scan' window. Your printer is now listed and you can now print to it.
19. If you wish any assistance at all please feel free to contact Faculty/Staff support at ext. 4222