- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Scholars Programs
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
NOTE: Outlook stores attachments with the email itself, so if you delete the email, the attachment will also be deleted! Please save attachments that you will need to keep before deleting the email they came with.
1) Launch Outlook. If you are presented with a wizard or setup assistant, cancel it.
2) Click on Outlook (next to the Apple icon at top left of your desktop) and click on Preferences.
3) In Preferences, Click on Accounts. A new window appears to add an account. Click on the E-mail Account icon.
4) Enter your Colby E-mail address and password. The window expands as you see in the next image.
5) Type the information in this Window just as it appears in the image below. Replace 'sample' with your Colby user name.
6) Click on Add Account. The next screen (see next image) will appear with all the information you entered. Outlook will begin the connection to GMail and download your messages and folders.
9) Close the Accounts Window and Outlook.
You have one last thing to do. Create another account so you can see all the Colby users in your Outlook Address Book.
Configuring LDAP (The Colby Directory)
1) Click on the Outlook menu and choose Account Settings.
2) Click on the Directory Service tab.
3) Click the New button.
4) In the Edit Account dialog fill in the following information:
a. Account Name: Colby LDAP
b. LDAP Server: LDAP.colby.edu
c. Check the box for This LDAP Server Requires Authentication
d. Account ID: your user name
e. Password: your Colby email password
5) Click on the 'Advanced...' tab.
6) Set the Search Base to read "ou=people,dc=colby,dc=edu" (without the quotes and with no spaces).
7) Click OK.
8) You can exit the Accounts window.
9) Restart Outlook and you have completed setting up your Outlook Account. Please call us at x 4222 for any assistance.