These instructions are for faculty and staff.
Students who need to print a document should go to one of the public labs.
- Go to Start -> Run
- Type \\fileserver1\Software\Windows\Printing
- Click "OK"
- Decide which method of printing you will be using:
- LibraryPublicPrinters - when you print, it will queue the job until you go to Print Release Station, logon, OK the job and are charged at that time.
- Color-DirectPrint - will print directly to the printer after you OK the charges via a dialog box.
- Double click on the application with the desired printer name to being installing. Applications ending with "for_W2K" will work for Windows 7 computers, while applications ending in "for_x64" will work for Windows 7.
- After installation is complete, click Finish.
- The printer will then be accessible from the start menu, in the Devices and Printers Folder