Use these instructions to scan documents, then e-mail them to yourself or others. This walkthrough applies specifically to the Savin all-in-one devices located around campus, but the general procedure can be adapted for use on other similar devices.
- Put your document in the copier.
- Swipe your Colby Card or Department Card.
- Press the "Scanner" button on the copier.
- Select the destination e-mail address from the list of pre-entered addresses. (NOTE: you may have to press the down arrow on the screen in order to see all the addresses.) Alternatively, you can press the "Manual Entry" button to enter an e-mail address that isn't listed in the address book.
- Once you have chosen an e-mail address, press the "Start" button on the copier.
- After the e-mail has been sent, press the "Done" button on the card swiper.
- The copier will scan the document and e-mail it in PDF form with a file name that shows the date and time of the scan. The e-mail will come from the address "[printername]@colby.edu".