1) Open your browser and go to vpn.colby.edu. A Colby login window appears. Enter your Colby username and password and sign in.
2) The next screen is your Colby VPN Portal and you have access to your folders and files at Colby.
3) Even if you are on the other side of the earth it is like you are on campus.
But what if you want access to certain applications or information not available through the browser?
(All Colby faculty and staff Mac and Windows computers have a VPN application installed on them. If yours is named NetExtender then call Support at x4222. We will arrange to replace it with Junos Pulse.)
Junos Pulse is located on a Windows computer in All Programs. Go to Juniper Networks/Junos Pulse/Junos Pulse. Click on the Junos Pulse icon.
Clicking on this link gives you access to the Mac, Windows and Linux installers.
In order to use Junos Pulse, you and your computer must meet the following requirements:
- You must have administrator credentials.
- You will not be able to use Junos Pulse while using a public computer.
A. Click the Start button in the Client Application Sessions Box.
B. You will be presented with a window asking to save the installer. Click Save File.
C. Open the file names "JuniperSetupClientInstaller.exe" that was just saved. Sometimes it is easiest to find the file by opening your browser's download history. A security warning window will open and ask if you "want to run this file." Click Run to continue.
After clicking Run, let the process finish and you may be presented with another security window asking for your credentials. If so, enter your normal Colby username and password.
D. Junos Pulse will begin installing and the following window will be displayed.
E. Once the installation is complete, find Junos Pulse by opening the start menu and finding the "Juniper Networks" folder among your programs. Once Junos Pulse is open, you will be connected to Colby's VPN and will have access to all programs requiring the key server.
If you experience any errors during the installation process, follow these alternate instructions:
1. Return to Colby's VPN page.
2. Enter the Junos Pulse VPN Client Installer folder located under the Files tab.
3. Select the downloadable file that applies to your operating system and choose to save it if prompted.
If you have questions or experience problems, Faculty and Staff may contact the Support Center at email@example.com or ext. 4222 and Students may contact Student Computer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4224.