Academic Affairs Committee
The Academic Affairs Committee oversees the curriculum and educational policy. The committees linked to this anchor group are:
- The Administrative Committee, advises the President on administrative matters not primarily involving academic policy; considers and makes recommendations on requests for exemptions from College regulations; periodically reviews the College calendar and functions and structures of the committees of the College and recommends changes to the faculty meeting and to the Student Association; receives reports from the Committee on Standing on their decisions. Membership: 3 faculty, elected for two year terms; 3 students; 3 administrators: the President, chair, the Dean of Faculty, the Dean of the College. The Registrar will serve as secretary without vote.
- Advisory Committee on Off-Campus Study, which serves as an advisory committee to the president, dean of faculty, and faculty on matters relating to off-campus study and reviews the approval of applications for off-campus study and appeals in cases of denial. The committee conducts periodic reviews of approved off-campus study programs.
- The Financial Priorities Committee, which submits to the president its comments and recommendations concerning the adequacy of the College’s programs and activities in relation to resources and reviews the budget with the administration before its presentation to the Board of Trustees.
- The Independent Study Committee, which selects qualified students to do independent study in lieu of two courses each semester of their senior year (as Senior Scholars) and reviews applications of students designing independent majors.
- The Information Technology Committee, which handles all computer-related communication and information issues.
- The Library Committee, which advises the director of the Colby libraries on matters of policy and regulations governing library use by students and faculty and advises on library purchases.