Required Application Materials:
- Completed Common Application
- Secondary School Report completed by your college counselor, principal, or headmaster
- Teacher Evaluation Forms completed by two of your current or recent teachers
- Standardized Tests Scores (SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests of your choice) sent by the testing agency**
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (required only if English is not your first language and English is not your current language of instruction)**
Optional Application Materials:
- Arts Supplements, including art, music, and performing arts materials, may be submitted using SlideRoom, which is integrated with the online Common Application. After you’ve added Colby to your ‘My Colleges’ list, you can indicate that you wish to submit an arts supplement. You will then be provided with a direct link to the SlideRoom site. Supplementary materials can be uploaded to Slideroom after you have submitted your Common Application to Colby.
- Any additional information or resumes may be submitted via email: email@example.com.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and want to provide new information or accomplishments, please complete Colby’s Optional Update Form.
- If you want to satisfy Colby’s foreign language requirement prior to matriculation please submit the Foreign Language SAT Subject Test.
- Though not required, a personal interview is a great way for you to share your story with us (we keep all interview reports and review them as a part of the application for admission).
- If you have filed your application prior to the deadlines of November 15 or January 1, you can convert your application to Early Decision by submitting a signed Early Decision Agreement prior to December 1, in the case of ED I, or by January 30 at 5 p.m. EST, in the case of ED II.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee. Learn more about our commitment to accessibility and affordability.
**All required tests must be taken no later than January of the senior year (earlier if you are applying as an Early Decision candidate). See deadlines for more information.