Help us save paper by submitting your application online. Need more incentive? Applying online is free for all students.
If submitting your app online is not an option, please contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid for hard copies of the required forms.
Required Application Materials:
- Completed Common Application
- Completed Colby Supplement (short-answer essay questions specific to Colby)
- Secondary School Report completed by your college counselor, principal, or headmaster
- Teacher Evaluation Forms completed by two of your recent, postsecondary teachers
- Standardized Tests Scores (SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests of your choice) sent by the testing agency**
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (required only if English is not your first language and English is not your current language of instruction)**
Optional App Materials:
- Art and Music Materials: if you’d like to enhance your application with personal portfolio items
- Colby's Optional Update Form: if you filed your application early in the fall and want to provide new information or accomplishments
- Foreign Language SAT Subject Test: if you want to satisfy Colby’s foreign language requirement prior to matriculation
- Personal interview: though not required, an interview is a great way for you to share your story with us (we keep all interview reports and review them as a part of the application for admission)
Do I need to pay the application fee?
- Are you submitting the Common Application online?
- Are you a resident of Maine or enrolled in secondary school in Maine?
- Does the fee present a financial hardship?
If so, you qualify for an Application Fee Waiver. If not, send a nonrefundable check or money order for $65 payable to Colby College. Make sure to include your name somewhere on your payment.
Applied to Colby before?
Submit Colby's Application Reactivation Form, and remember:
- It’s important to display your name and address prominently on everything you send us
- If you are seeking financial aid, you’ll need to reapply every year
- You don’t need to submit another Common Application or send another application fee—once is enough
**All required tests must be taken no later than January of the senior year (earlier if you are applying as an Early Decision candidate). See deadlines for more information.