Required Application Materials:
- Completed Common Application
- Completed Colby Writing Supplement (short-answer essay questions specific to Colby)
- Secondary School Report completed by your college counselor, principal, or headmaster
- Teacher Evaluation Forms completed by two of your current or recent teachers
- Standardized Tests Scores (SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests of your choice) sent by the testing agency**
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (required only if English is not your first language and English is not your current language of instruction)**
Optional Application Materials:
- Art, music, and performing arts materials may be submitted along with the Common Application if you’d like to enhance your file with personal portfolio items.
- Any additional information or resumes may be submitted via Colby's Writing Supplement page on the Common Application.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and want to provide new information or accomplishments, please complete Colby's Optional Update Form.
- If you want to satisfy Colby’s foreign language requirement prior to matriculation please submit the Foreign Language SAT Subject Test.
- Though not required, a personal interview is a great way for you to share your story with us (we keep all interview reports and review them as a part of the application for admission).
- If you have filed your application prior to the deadlines of November 15 or January 1, you can convert your application to Early Decision by submitting a signed Early Decision Agreement prior to December 1, in the case of ED I, or by January 30 at 5 p.m. EST, in the case of ED II.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee—applying to Colby is completely free. Learn more about our commitment to accessibility and affordability.
**All required tests must be taken no later than January of the senior year (earlier if you are applying as an Early Decision candidate). See deadlines for more information.