Like other highly selective liberal arts colleges, Colby requires all international applicants to have completed a pre-university course of study.
- Completed Common Application
- Completed Colby Writing Supplement (short-answer essay questions specific to Colby)
- Official record of secondary school work with all courses and grades, including results from appropriate examinations (e.g., IGCSE, "A" Levels, International Baccalaureate, HSC, WASC)
- Explanation of the grading system used and an English translation of records reported in other languages
- Standardized Tests Scores:
- SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests of your choice, sent by the testing agency**
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction**
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
Optional Application Materials:
- Art, music, and performing arts materials may be submitted along with the Common Application if you’d like to enhance your file with personal portfolio items.
- Any additional information or resumes may be submitted via Colby's Writing Supplement page on the Common Application.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and want to provide new information or accomplishments, please complete Colby's Optional Update Form.
- If you have filed your application prior to the deadlines of November 15 or January 1, you can convert your application to Early Decision by submitting a signed Early Decision Agreement prior to December 1, in the case of ED I, or by January 30 at 5 p.m. EST, in the case of ED II.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee—applying to Colby is completely free. Learn more about our commitment to accessibility and affordability
**All required tests must be taken no later than January for admissions the following September (earlier if you are applying as an Early Decision candidate). See deadlines
for more information.