If you’re considering transferring to Colby, make sure to apply sometime before your sophomore or junior year in order to maximize your number of transfer credits. We accept up to 64 semester credit hours toward a degree, as determined by the Colby registrar.
Transfer Application Materials
- Completed Common Application
- The Colby Writing Supplement
- Official midterm grade reports signed by your current professors
- Final Report completed by your college counselor, principal, or headmaster at your former secondary school along with final high school transcript
- Academic Evaluation completed by a full-time professor who has recently instructed you in college (not a TA)
- Registrar Report completed by a dean or similar campus administrator who has access to your college records and can provide insight into your academic and social standing on campus
- Official Standardized Test Scores (SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests) Note: if these scores are included on your high school transcript, we do not need an official score report from the testing agency
- Current college transcript and all previous college transcripts (if applicable)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or similar test (required only if English is your second language and English is not your current language of instruction)
Please note: Interviews are not available for transfer students.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee—applying to Colby is completely free.