AMHERST, Mass. --- Tom Kimball and Jason Ottomano won at first doubles and the Colby College men's tennis team had three singles matches go three sets in an 8-1 loss to top-ranked Amherst College on Saturday.
Kimball and Ottomano won 8-6 over Mark Kahan and Luis Rattenhuber. Jack Bryant and Matthew Mantikas both fell in three sets for the Colby men. Than Moore also split sets at the sixth position before falling in a pro-set to decide the match.
Amherst def. Colby, 8-1
1. Tom Kimball/Jason Ottomano (C) def. Mark Kahan/Luis Rattenhuber (A), 8-6
2. Robby Sorrel/Austin Chafetz (A) def. Jack Bryant/Matthew Mantikas (C), 8-5
3. Andrew Scheiner/Jon Cypress (A) def. Joe Albano/Than Moore (C), 8-1
1. Joey Fritz (A) def. Tom Kimball (C) 6-2, 6-2
2. Chris Dale (A) def. Jason Ottomano (C) 6-3, 6-4
3. Eli Mlaver (A) def. Jack Bryant (C) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1
4. Julian Camacho (A) def. Sam Bachelder (C) 7-5, 6-3
5. Surain Asokaraj (A) def. Matthew Mantikas (C) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
6. Justin Hendrix (A) def. Than Moore (C) 6-4, 5-7, 10-5