- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Scholars Programs
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
Contact: William Sodoma
Date: March 21, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. --- The Colby College women's tennis team was on the winning and losing side of a tough 5-4 match after taking a win over New Paltz State and then falling to Colorado College in non-conference action during the squad's Florida trip.
Tess Perese, Sarah Weiner, and Kathryn Vergeyle had singles wins for Colby (1-2 spring) in the win against New Paltz. Weiner and Vergeyle joined forces at second doubles for a 9-7 victory, while teammates Katie Brezinski and Sally Holmes won by the same score at third doubles.
Brezinski and Holmes also won at third doubles against Colorado College, but Wiener and Vergeyle lost a tough 9-8 (3) match at second doubles.
Brezinski won at third singles, Wiener took the fourth singles match in three sets, and Vergeyle won at five against Colorado College.
Colby 5, New Paltz 4
Colorado College 5, Colby 4
2. Patterson/Yamanoto, CC, d. Wiener/Vergeyle, 9-8 (3)
3. Brezinski/Holmes, Colby, def. Esposito/Munroe, 8-1
2. Evans, CC, def. Perese, 6-1, 6-0
3. Brezinski, Colby, def. Patterson, 6-4, 6-0
4. Wiener, Colby, def. Criss, 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
5. Vergeyle, Colby, def. Bush, 6-1, 6-1
6. Yamanoto, CC, def. Love, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4