The Colby Biology Club
The Colby Biology Club (The Raging Species) is one of the largest clubs on campus and is open to anyone with an interest in biology. The purpose of the club is to promote and organize a variety of activities that pertain to biology at Colby College. Club leaders work closely with the department faculty to accomplish the goals of the club.
Activities for the past few years have included:
- Participating in departmental searches, including hosting a student lunch with candidates and representing student views in faculty meetings.
- Conducting an alumni survey to help develop networking possibilities for our graduates and to learn more about what our graduates do after leaving Colby.
- Hosting informal dinners with faculty.
- Coordinating activities with other clubs (e.g., Chemistry club).
- Organizing social activities including students and faculty.
- Providing a mechanism for the department faculty to obtain student opinion on curricular issues.