Vibrational Mode Explorer
Determines the change in bond length for a pair of atoms in the normal
modes of a molecule.
The normal modes are downloaded from the output file from a Spartan calculation.
Colby College, T. W. Shattuck, 2/19/03
- Atoms are numbered from 0.
- You can find the atom numbers by running the applet once and then
clicking on the atoms in the structure display. The atom names and numbers
will be listed in the staus bar at the bottom-left of the browser window.
- Modes are numbered from 0.
- Supported file types:
- Unix Spartan "output" files
- PC Spartan ".spartan" files
- If your PC Spartan ".spartan" file gives you an error message about
being too long, remove the first four lines or so using a text editor.