Thermometric Titration Simulation
Titration of a Host Analyte with a Weak Acid Guest Titrant.
- Acid Disscociation: MH2+2 = MH+ + H+ , KaG
- Association: MH2+2 + C-8 = [MH2C-6] , Kassoc
The input dH values are the enthalpy of reaction for the reactions as written above.
DH0 = -DH(H+) where
DH(H+) is the enthalpy of neutralization for protons
(i.e. strong acids).
DH(H+)=-55.81 kJ/mol is the value at infinite dilution.
- The enthalpy of dilution of the titrant is not included in these calculations.
- The enthalpy of dilution of NaCl is not included in these calculations.
- Activity coefficients are neglected.
- The output G/H column is moles(G)/moles(H).
- The output dH values are per mol of titrant added.
Colby College Chemistry, Thomas W. Shattuck, 9/18/2007=>10/10/07