Lorimer Chapel seats more than 500 and is a popular venue for lectures and concerts as well as religious services. It houses the offices for the Catholic, Jewish, and Protestant chaplains as well as the intimate Rose Chapel. The Nickerson Carillon tolls the hour from the chapel tower. Lorimer was the first building constructed (in 1937) when Colby moved from its old downtown location to the Mayflower Hill campus.
Albert Schweitzer once gave a recital on the chapel's E.F. Walcker organ.