Center for Teaching & Learning – Overview
The Center for Teaching & Learning at Colby College welcomes all faculty to participate in programs designed to enhance intellectual engagement across the liberal arts curriculum. CTL programs will be offered during the Fall & Spring Semesters and during the JanPlan and summer months. During each year, the CTL offers the following programs and services. Please contact Carol Hurney with questions or ideas.
Academic Year Programs and Events
- Asynchronous Content – for your viewing pleasure!
- Summer 2020 CTL Programming Opportunities
- Remote Teaching and Learning Resources – Compiled with Academic ITS
- Colby Faculty Development Week – CBB May Institute (May 26-28)
- Workshops and Roundtable Discussions (early and late Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Mid-Semester Course Analysis Consultations (Fall, JanPlan and Spring Semesters)
- Teaching and Career Consultations (All year)
- Communities of Practice groups focused on select topics or readings (Spring Semesters)
- Course Design Institutes (January Term and August – dates TBA)
- Fellowships and Advisory Board – Applications and Nominations
- Scholarly Teaching Travel Grants– TBA
- Other programs with campus partners (e.g., Provost Office, Academic Collaborative, other groups)