Center for Teaching & Learning – Overview
The Center for Teaching & Learning at Colby College welcomes all faculty to participate in programs designed to enhance intellectual engagement across the liberal arts curriculum. CTL programs will be offered during the Fall & Spring Semesters and during the JanPlan and summer months. During each year, the CTL offers the following programs and services. Please contact Carol Hurney with questions or ideas.
- May Professional Development Week – May 21-24, 2018
- Workshops and Roundtable Discussions (early and late Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Mid-Semester Course Analysis Consultations (Fall, JanPlan and Spring Semesters)
- Teaching and Career Consultations (All year)
- Communities of Practice groups focused on select topics or readings (Spring Semester).
- 2018 Course Design Institutes (January 23, 24, 25 and June, dates TBD)
- 2018 Scholarly Teaching Grant – 15th Annual Teaching Professor Conference in Atlanta, GA (June 1-3, 2018 – Conference Proposals Due 10/31/17, Applications for travel grant due on 12/01/17). Join the CTL Director on a funded trip to the Teaching Professor Conference, where you can submit a proposal about your teaching.
- Other programs with campus partners (e.g., Provost Office, Academic Collaborative, other groups)