Center for Teaching & Learning – Overview
The Center for Teaching & Learning at Colby College welcomes all faculty to participate in programs designed to enhance intellectual engagement across the liberal arts curriculum. CTL programs will be offered during the Fall & Spring Semesters and during the JanPlan and summer months. During each year, the CTL offers the following programs and services. Please contact Carol Hurney with questions or ideas.
Academic Year 2018-19 Programs and Events
- May Professional Development Week – May 20-24, 2019
- Workshops and Roundtable Discussions (early and late Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Mid-Semester Course Analysis Consultations (Fall, JanPlan and Spring Semesters)
- Teaching and Career Consultations (All year)
- Communities of Practice groups focused on select topics or readings (Spring Semesters).
- 2018-19 Course Design Institutes (January Term and August – dates TBA)
- 2018-19 Scholarly Teaching Travel Grants– TBA
- Other programs with campus partners (e.g., Provost Office, Academic Collaborative, other groups)