The Center for Teaching and Learning is proud to announce the Teaching and Learning @ Colby Fellows Program. The TAL@C Fellows program will immerse faculty and student teams in a series of guided conversations and workshops to encourage the successful implementation of active learning strategies in traditionally lecture-based courses.
TAL@C Faculty Fellows will receive a $2500 stipend to support the redesign or design of a course that they will teach during the 2019 fall term (applications for Spring Term TAL@C Fellows will be available in October). Each Faculty Fellow will select 1-2 student fellows to partner with them on the design and implementation of active learning strategies. Student Fellows will be paid hourly (~5 hours/week), by the CTL, for contributions to the pedagogical design and implementation of active learning strategies. Faculty stipends will be paid at the end of the fall term.
TAL@C Fellows Timeline – Spring 2019
- Faculty Fellows Applications Due: Friday May 3
- Application Link: https://forms.gle/GUXTvWbSYmzREi7W8
- Faculty Fellows Orientation Meetings with CTL Director (end of April)
TAL@C Fellows Timeline – Fall 2019
- Active Learning Workshop – Early September – 1st or 2nd week of classes
- Weekly TAL@C Meetings – Days/Times TBD – Faculty and Student Fellows
The TAL@C Fellows program strives to help faculty and student fellows make progress toward
- Enhancing appreciation of pedagogy
- Developing relationships that support teaching and learning
- Integrating knowledge of how learning works into course design
- Implementing effective active learning strategies into traditionally lecture-based courses
Please feel free to consult Carol Hurney with questions or to talk through your proposal before submission.