In order to be considered for accommodations through Colby College, students must first complete a voluntary disclosure of disability form, submit documentation of the disability according to College guidelines. Students can meet with Joseph Atkins, Assistant Dean of Students, to discuss accommodation requests. Students who would like information about the registration process should contact email@example.com.
Process for Requesting Accommodations for Support Services:
- Student makes appointment to meet with Joseph Atkins by calling 207-859-4250.
- Student completes a voluntary disclosure form..
- Student provides documentation of disability according to Colby guidelines. One of the following documentation forms should be presented to the student’s physician/psychologist for completion. You may need to sign a release form and provide it to your clinician prior to having him or her send the documentation to us Authorization to release and exchange information. Forms are also available by stopping by the office on the 2nd floor of Eustis.
- Click on the form associated with your disability to download a copy of the guidelines for Documentation of Disability:
- Guidelines for Documentation of a Specific Learning Disability
- Guidelines for Documentation of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Guidelines for Documentation of Psychological Disorders
- Documentation of Physical Disability and Chronic Health Issues
- Student meets with Dean Atkins to determine eligibility under College guidelines and discusses accommodation process.Dean Atkins will review the documentation and determine if the requested accommodation(s) are supported and reasonable. Once eligibility is determined students do not need to meet with Dean Atkins again unless accommodation changes are being requested.
- If determined eligible, Dean of Students Office prepares letter of accommodation.
- Students pick up letters and hand deliver to faculty.