Ph.D. Literature, U.C. San Diego
M.A. Literature U.C. San Diego
B.A. English, Scripps College
Areas of Expertise
- Long Eighteenth-Century British Literature and Culture
- History and Theories of the Novel
- Transnational Cultural Exchanges
- Digital Humanities & Archival Practice
- Constructions of Race, Nation, & Empire
- Orientalism & Post-Colonial Studies
- Histories & Theories of the Novel
- Feminist Theory
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
The Sway of the Ottoman Empire on English Identity in the Long Eighteenth Century. Brill. 2012.
“Loving the Unstable Text and Times of Equiano’s Narrative: Using Carretta’s Biography in the Classroom,” in Teaching Olaudah Equiano's Narrative: Pedagogical Strategies and New Perspectives, Ed. Eric D. Lamore; Forward Vincent Carretta. Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press, 2012.
Accessible also through Project Muse.
“Imagining Insular Empire in Samuel Baker's Written on the Water” for The Eighteenth Century: Theory and Interpretation. 54: Supplement (2013).
"Madame de La Fayette." The Literary Encyclopedia. First published 07 April 2012
The directory information is for individual use only, it may not be retransmitted or published for any reason. It is not to be used for mass solicitations by e-mail, mail, phone or other means. Sale or other distribution of this document is prohibited by College policy.