- Why Colby?
- Request Information
- College Profile
- Student Perspectives
- Alumni Success
- For Counselors
- Contact Admissions
Fall 2010 Colloquia
Other Related Events
Environmental Studies Program
Stay Tuned for More Information on the ES/EnviroCo Film Series!
Requirements for the Senior Colloquium in Environmental Studies.
1. Participants in ES401/402 are required to attend six of the scheduled presentations each semester. A minimum of three of these presentations each semester must be part of the Environmental Studies Evening Colloquium series.
2. For each of the six presentations attended, a brief, typed, personal reflection on the presentation (normally one or two paragraphs) is required. This reflection should include: a) the title of the presentation, b) the speaker's name and affiliation, and c) a brief reaction to the talk. Did you enjoy the presentation? Why or why not? Were there parts of the talk you disagreed with? Why? Were there parts that you found particularly valuable? Why? The summaries are intended to help you reflect on the ideas presented by the speakers and also to provide information regarding the selection of future colloquium speakers.
3. The reflective summaries are due to ES Program Coordinator Beth Kopp via email by 5:00 PM Friday following the presentation. The summaries will be graded on a pass/no pass basis and will not be returned.
4. Participants will receive one credit upon successfully completing both the fall and spring courses.
5. Students in this course will be involved in helping faculty to host speakers during their visits to Colby. Students will also be expected to take their turn in introducing guest speakers. When possible, small group dinners will be set up to provide informal opportunities for discussions of contemporary environmental issues with the speakers.
Back to top.
For events and lectures from previous semesters click here
ES Home | Colby College | Search | Contact
© Environmental Studies Program Colby College 5356 Mayflower Hill Drive Waterville, Maine 04901