Geological Society of Maine
Colby College Campus
3 APRIL 2009
The GSM annual meeting is scheduled for Friday, 3 April 2009, hosted by the Department of Geology, Colby College. The meeting will be held in the Diamond Building. Parking is available adjacent to and behind the building in designated lots. Use this link to DOWNLOAD a campus map with parking, meeting, and dinner information.
- The Poster Session will be held in the Atrium of the Diamond Building
where poster easels will be set up.
- The Poster Session will begin at 2:00 pm and last until the beginning
of the oral contributed session; posters may be set up beginning at 1:30
- The size of the poster easels is 5' (TALL) x 3' (WIDE). Fifteen poster
boards have been reserved to accommodate 30 posters. If there are more
poster presentations, additional easels will be available.
- The Oral Presentations begin between 3:30 and 4:00 in the Ostrove
Auditorium (Diamond 142) adjacent to the atrium.
- Digital projection facilities, as well as DVD and VHS (if needed) are
available in the auditorium.
- It is advised that speakers bring their PowerPoint presentations on a
memory stick for uploading to the room's dedicated computer.
Annual Business Meeting
- The annual Business Meeting will directly follow the oral session,
and also will be held in the Ostrove Auditorium.
Social Hour, Dinner, Speaker
Following the conclusion of
the Business Meeting, the GSM social hour with a cash bar will be held in
the Roberts Union Building. A buffet dinner will available thereafter,
scheduled to begin at 6:00. The cost of the meal will be $13/faculty and
$5/student (subsidized by GSM).
The dinner menus is:
Chicken Pot Pie Topped with Buttermilk Biscuits
Wild Mushroom Lasagna (vegetarian option)
Baby Spinach Salad
Brown Sugar & Honey Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Our Guest Speaker for the
evening is Dr. Bruce Rueger, Colby College, who will be presenting a
GEOLOGIC INFLUENCES ON BENEDICT ARNOLD'S MARCH THROUGH MAINE TO QUEBEC, 1775
The lecture will be in Roberts Union following the conclusion of dinner.
- Reservations for dinner should be made by GSM members and students by
contacting Ms. Alice Ridky (firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-859-5800) so
that appropriate planning can be made with Colby's Dining Services.
- Individual reservations need to be finalized by 30 March 2009;
payment for the dinner can be finaized on the day of the
- Payment should be made in cash or check to Colby Geology.
- Please don't wait until the last minute to decide on dinner reservations.
The Department of Geology at Colby College looks forward to hosting this year's Geological Society of Maine meetings. See you in Waterville in early Spring!