- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Mental Help Net
- Mental Health America: Suicide Awareness
Counseling services are available to all Colby students free of charge. All meetings are confidential.
Drug & Alcohol Abuse
There is an alcohol and drug counselor on staff at the Garrison-Foster Health Center.
- Sleep-Deprivation.com: Sleep Issues
- The National Headache Foundation
- SmokeFree.gov: Quitting Smoking
- The American Academy of Dermatology: Acne
The staff at the Garrison-Foster Health Center can consult with you on any of these issues.
- FamilyDoctor.Org: When to Use Antibiotics
- Food and Drug Administration: Over the Counter (OTC) Mediation Use
- TheAntiDrug.org: Prescription and Over The Counter (OTC) Medication Abuse
If you have further questions regarding medication use and abuse please contact the Garrison-Foster Health Center to make an appointment with a counselor or practitioner.
Exercise and Nutrition for Athletes
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Australian Institute of Sport: Nutrition
- Nancy Clark: Sports Nutrition
The Nutrition Counselor and the Sports Rehabilitation Department can consult with you about healthy eating and exercise.
Nutrition and Weight Control
Students can be reffered to the Nutrition Counselor by a practitioner or by a counselor.