Q. Who may utilize services at Colby Health Services?

A. All students who are registered for classes at the College and hold a valid student ID may receive care at the Health Center.

Q. How much does it cost to be seen by the Health Center staff?

A. There is no charge to students for Health Center visits. Fees may be incurred for immunizations, lab work, and certain prescription medication. Students are responsible for fees incurred when seeking healthcare services off campus.

Q: If my student is sick, how does he/she get seen?

A:  Your student should phone the office to schedule an appointment.  Same day appointments are opened up in the morning.  Health Center office hours are 8 am to 4:30.  

Q: Where should my student call for urgent care when your office is closed?

A: If your student becomes ill on off hours and needs immediate care, Colby Emergency Responders are available while school is in session. Students should dial (207)859-9511. Colby Security Department will see that care is dispatched to your student. 

Q. What hospitals are near the College?

A. Please click on the link for local hospitals and walk in care. http://www.colby.edu/health/local-hospitals-pharmacies/


Q. If I am given a prescription by a provider in the Health Center, where can I have it filled?

A:  The Health Center does not routinely dispense prescription medication to students.  Prescriptions can either be delivered or sent electronically to a local pharmacy to be filled and picked up by your student.  

Winslow Pharmacy provides medication delivery service to Colby College.
Winslow Pharmacy (207) 872-7979

There are several pharmacies located within five miles of the College. (See below)

Q: My student is on routine maintenance medications. How do you obtain daily medications while at Colby?

A:   Medications can either be delivered or  picked up from a local pharmacy. For delivery of monthly maintenance medications previously filled at another pharmacy, contact Winslow Pharmacy to have your prescription transferred for your convenience.

Winslow Pharmacy (207) 872-7979

Medications can also be picked up at other local pharmacies :

CVS Pharmacy
1 Kennedy Memorial Drive
Waterville, ME 04901
Phone: (207) 873-7161

Rite Aid Pharmacy
210 Main Street
Waterville, ME 04901
(207) 877-9004

Wal-Mart Pharmacy
80 Waterville Commons Drive
Waterville, ME 04901
(207) 877-9161

Q: My student has a condition that requires regular blood tests. Can this be done on campus?

A: Yes. Call our office to schedule an appointment to see a Health Center provider.   Bring the order from your healthcare provider with you. Our providers will document the condition and samples will be drawn in our lab. All lab work is processed at MaineGeneral, and all lab work results will be faxed directly back to our Health Center physician or mid-level provider that ordered the test. Services at MaineGeneral are billed to your insurance plan.   We do not draw labs for Accutane maintenance.  

Q: My student started the HPV series. Can they complete it at the Health Center instead of returning to her doctor at home?

A: Your student should schedule an appointment to see a Health Center provider. The vaccine cost must be paid for up front by the student and proper paperwork will be provided in order to seek reimbursement from your insurance company.

Q: Can my student receive allergy injections at your office?

A: Colby Health Services does not administer allergy shots. The following options are available to those students needing injections while away from home.

Dr. Scott Dyer – MaineGeneral Allergy & Asthma
Lee Farm Mall
12 Shuman Avenue
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 622-8660
Fax: (207) 622-8661

MaineGeneral Infusion Clinic
149 North Ave.
Waterville Maine 04901
Attn: Infusion Clinic  –  Cindy Foss, RN
Phone: (207)872-1845
Fax: (207)861-8552

Offices require:

  1. demographics, diagnosis, copy of insurance card.
  2. most recent office notes
  3. Shot record
  4. Prescription for serum

Contact their office to confirm whether serum from your present/previous allergist is acceptable. Check with your insurance company regarding coverage for specialists and whether there are any charges or deductibles which are not covered by your health plan.


Q: Can my student maintain their ADD/ADHD Medication through your facility?

A. Our staff can assist your student with their ongoing ADD/ADHD medication with the following information:

A letter from prescribing physician with:

  1. diagnosis
  2. date of diagnosis
  3. any supporting documentation (IEP or neuropsych testing results)
  4. medication name
  5. medication dose
  6. date prescription was last filled

The Health Center must have this documentation on record prior to making an appointment with our Medical Director. Please be sure to allow enough time to avoid a lapse in med management.

Q. Do you offer Flu shots?

A. Yes, we hold flu clinics for students each fall in early November. You will find detailed information posted on the Colby Website and on our Facebook page in October.