The staff at the Garrison-Foster Health Center realize that sexual health can be a very sensitive topic. You should feel comfortable talking about any issues that you may have with our staff; they are trained to handle these situations professionally and confidentially. Our staff provides counseling and medical services to all students. Students of any gender, sexual orientation, and sexual preferences should feel comfortable receiving services at the Garrison-Foster Health Center. Our services include:
- Nonspecific sexual healthcare from trained professionals, including:
- Physical exams for men and women
- Gynecological exams for women
- Free pregnancy testing performed at the Garrison-Foster Health Center’s certified lab
- Contraception including:
- Free male and female condoms
- Prescription birth control pills
- Dental dams
- Emergency contraception (also known as the “morning-after pill” or “plan B”)
- Free and confidential STD testing (including HIV testing)
- Safer sex and abstinence information
- Sexual assault assistance
- Sexuality counseling including:
- Gender identity counseling
- General sexual health counseling
The Health Center follows the CDC Recommendations when deciding on which STDs to screen for.
We offer one free test each year for the following:
Testing for other conditions can be ordered. The laboratory performing the test will charge you or your insurance company. Please be sure to let us know how you prefer to be billed at time of testing.
The following links provide general information on a wide range of sexual health topics. These sites also provide additional information about sexually transmitted diseases and their symptoms.
- Mayo Clinic
- Merck Manual
- Centers for Disease Control
- Smarter Sex – Sexual Health for College Students
Remember: these sites are for informational purposes only. You should always contact a practitioner if you think you may have an STD. Testing at the Garrison-Foster Health Center is free and confidential.