Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) provide employees the opportunity to make pre-tax contributions to an account in their name, from which reimbursements are made for dependent care expenses and eligible medical expenses such as co-payments, deductibles, dental, and eye expenses. Group Dynamic, Inc. (GDI) administers Colby’s FSAs.
Medical Reimbursement Limit: $2,550
Dependent Care Limit: $5,000 for a single parent or if you are married and file a joint tax return; $2,500 if you are married and you and your spouse file separate tax returns.
You may want to consider a Flexible Spending Account if:
- You or your family members have out-of-pocket expenses for doctor’s office visits or prescription drugs
- You did not sign up for Vision Insurance (VSP) and you or your dependents wear eyeglasses or contact lenses
- You have dental expenses not covered by insurance
- You pay for daycare for a dependent so that you can work
FSAs provide employees the opportunity to make pre-tax contributions to an account in their name, from which reimbursements are made for dependent care expenses and eligible medical expenses (such as co-payments, deductibles, dental, and eye expenses). For more information, see Group Dynamic’s Flexible Spending Presentation.
FSAs require an irrevocable election for each Plan Year and contributions to FSAs are not subject to payroll or income taxes. The amount of your election is then withheld in equal amounts from your paychecks throughout the year. Claims are submitted for reimbursement of expenses incurred during the Plan Year in which contributions are made. Expenses are considered incurred on the date services are rendered, regardless of when you actually pay for them. Dependent care expenses will be reimbursed only up to the amount contributed at the time the form for reimbursement is submitted.
Changes in the election for the Dependent Care Assistance Account may be made only because of and consistent with a “status change event.” Elections for the Medical Reimbursement Account may not be changed during the Plan Year.
Employee account balances remaining 90 days after the end of the year will be forfeited.
You will have until March 31 to submit claims incurred between January 1 and February 28.
There are several ways to receive reimbursement from your FSA:
- Online: Login to your account. Visit www.gdynamic.com. On the homepage find “I Want To…” and select “File A Claim“
- Paper Claim: Print an FSA Reimbursement Request Form from www.gdynamic.com. Complete the form, attach documentation and submit your request by one of the methods listed on the form
Reimbursements for medical, orthodontia, or dependent care expenses can be made for reimbursements by direct deposit by submitting the Direct Deposit Form or by setting up direct deposit through your account online.
View Account Information Online
- Go to www.gdynamic.com and log into your account
- Your temporary username is: Your first name/state initials/last 5 digits of your SSN (e.g. bonnieme12345)
- Your temporary password is: Your first initial/state initials/zip code (e.g. bme04901)
- You may create a new username and password at any time after this initial temporary login
GDI’s Reimbursement Team is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, at 1-800-626-3539. You may leave a message during non-business hours and your call will be returned by 10 a.m. the following business day.