To operate a motor vehicle for Colby College follow the instructions below:
Driving for Colby College requires all students and employees to become Colby Certified Operators and adhere to Colby’s Fleet Safety Policy.
Colby students driving for the College as part of coursework, athletics, or part time employment must complete the following steps annually:
- Fill out the Motor Vehicle Records Check Permission Form with any motor vehicle violations you have received in the last four years.
- Review and sign Colby Motor Vehicle Operation Requirements Acknowledgment.
- Return both forms to the Security office (first floor, Roberts Building) and request access to the online defensive driving Moodle.
- Complete the defensive driving Moodle and pass a short quiz.
- Once all the forms have been completed, you have successfully passed the defensive driving quiz, and your motor vehicle record is acceptable (per the Fleet Safety Policy), you will be notified by the Security Department that you are certified to operate a vehicle for Colby College.
Full-time employees are not required to complete the defensive driving Moodle session. However, they must complete the background check and sign the operator’s acknowledgement. Employees who wish to drive the golf carts, 15-passenger minibus or 12 passenger Transit vans are required to complete an on-the-road safety briefing before operation.