- Open your browser and go to vpn.colby.edu and a Colby login window should appear. Enter your Colby username and password and log in
- The next screen is your Colby VPN Portal and you have access to your folders and files at Colby. Even if you are on the other side of the earth it is like you are on campus.
But what if you want access to certain applications or information not available through the browser?
- All Colby faculty and staff Mac and Windows computers have a VPN application installed on them. If yours is named NetExtender then call the ITS Support Center at email@example.com or ext. 4222 and we will arrange to replace it with Junos Pulse Secure
- Junos Pulse Secure is located on a Windows computer in All Programs. Locate the Pulse Secure folder and select the Pulse Secure in the folder
- Clicking on this link gives you access to the Mac, Windows and Linux installers.
In order to use Pulse Secure, you and your computer must meet the following requirements:
- You must have administrator credentials
- You will not be able to use Junos Pulse Secure while using a public computer.
A. Click the Start button in the Client Application Sessions Box. You should expect a Pulse Secure Setup window—select Next
B. You will be presented with a window. If the window asks you to allow the following program to install software on the computer, click Install
C. After selecting Install, let the process finish and you may be presented with another security window asking for your credentials. If so, enter your normal Colby username and password. Pulse Secure will begin installing and the following window will be displayed
D. Once the installation is complete, expect a window informing you that the Pulse Secure Setup Wizard is complete—click Finish
E. Once the installation is complete, find Pulse Secure by opening the start menu and finding the Pulse Secure folder among your programs. Once Pulse Secure is open, you will be connected to Colby’s VPN and will have access to all programs requiring the key server.
If you experience any errors during the installation process, follow these alternate instructions:
- Return to Colby’s VPN page
- Enter the Junos Pulse VPN Client Installer folder located under the Files tab
- Select the downloadable file that applies to your operating system and choose to save it if prompted.
If you have questions or experience problems, contact the ITS Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4222.