Printing from Your Mac
- Navigate to the printing software located on the file server. In Finder, click Go > Connect to Server. Enter the following into the box labeled Server Address:
smb://filer.colby.edu/software/macintosh/printing/library public printers/
- Open the file titled LIBRARY_COLOR_PRINTERS-PersonalUse.dmg
- Another window will open containing the file LIBRARY_COLOR_PRINTERS-PersonalUse.pkg and open it
- Continue through the Popup installer until it is complete
- Test out the new printing configuration. Open a program of your choice and select File > Print and be sure that LIBRARY_PUBLIC_PRINTERS-PERSONAL_USE is selected for your printer.
Printing from Your Windows Computer
- Open the Run window by either searching “Run” in the Windows start menu search bar or navigating to the Accessories folder among your programs
- In the Run window, type in the following and press OK:
- You may be prompted for your username and password. Enter your Colby username and include @colby.edu (email@example.com). Enter your standard Colby email password
- If you are using a 32-bit operating system (Windows 2000), double-click the application calledLIBRARYPRINTERSPERSONALUSE_for_W2K. If you are using a 64-bit operating system (Windows 7), then double-click the application called LIBRARYPRINTERSPERSONALUSE_for_x64. The easiest way to find out whether your operating system is 32 or 64 bit is by opening the Start menu, right clicking the Computer tab, and selecting Properties from the menu. The information page that opens will specify your system type under the section labeled System
- After the installer window opens, continue through the installation process by clicking Install, and eventually Finish
- Test the newly installed printing software by opening a program and printing (File -> Print). Be sure to selectLIBRARY_PRINTERS_PERSONAL_USE in the print menu
- Enter your Colby username (w/out @colby.edu) and password when prompted and test the printers.
If you require direct assistance, contact the ITS Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4222.