Terminal, Colby’s preferred SSH application for Macs, allows you to connect to Colby’s CARS system and to colby0 via an encrypted connection. You must first have appropriate permissions set to access these servers. See Login Note (2nd bullet) if you are not using the computer assigned to you.
- On the Dock, click on the shortcut to either CARS or colby0
- The Terminal window will open
- Login Note: if the user name displayed is not yours type ssh username@cars or ssh username@colby0 using your username (i.e. ssh jasmith@cars)
- If the message asks “Are you sure you want to continue”—type yes
- Type your password
- A CARS or colby0 terminal window should now open